Friday 10 February 2017

Going into regular office work with your new stoma

I have been a fan of working in all kinds of locations and doing lots of different things.  I now enjoy the fact that I have a great office view and that I am able to walk around and simply enjoy my day how I want.  But most people don't have that luxury.  In fact, most people work in a cubicle in a dark damp place.  That is in the United States, so what kind of life do you want to live. I don't want to ever spend 9 to 12 hours a day in a closet.   For most of us we will say some sort of America Dream jargon and always say live life to the fullest. That is not possible for many or at some times in your life.  I would absolutely agree that you should be able to live the life you want to no matter what that is and not let the fact that you have a stoma get in the way.  If you have a stoma then some medical conditions can in some ways really limit your life but for most people who have had an ostomy their lives are normal, active, and fulfilling.  I always try to give people positive news and a good outlook on their future.  To me having a stoma has not hurt my regular workings of life.  Unless you are told by your healthcare provider that you shouldn't be out and active, then you should find ways to live life to the best of your ability.  Don't let a simple thing that has an insanely good gear in 2021 keep you from living your best life.



The research I have done has allowed me to live a wild and adventurous life outside of work.  It has also allowed me to enjoy my office and go play a game of pool and not have to worry about my ostomy bag.  I have found that by using quality gear you are able to not worry about your stoma nearly as much. To me, this is because you have less anxiety rather things will go wrong.  There are a ton of companies I buy gear from. 


Each of them is for different reasons and before I sound like a marketing commercial just know that I like to use multiple companies and mostly because they have nice customer service and good quality control.  In my life, most companies live and die in my mind off those two areas because those areas are what can cause conflict.  If something goes wrong and gets taken care of is what drives my opinion on a company.  So if the product has great quality control then it is likely I won't have to deal with Customer Service in a negative light and only contact to ask questions. But if something goes wrong and customer service is fast, polite and understanding thanI won't have a negative feeling and will continue to use the company.  I have found both to be outstanding and that is why I am a loyal customer to the companies who treat me the best.




This matters when I need gear every second of the day.  I want to know I am safe and now going to work is a daily thing and to me being comfortable is a big deal. I generally work at a desk now and I like to make sure my body won't be in pain during the day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Stigma of a Stoma

It is an inevitable thing that people will stereotype other people who are different. It happens all the time and in many ways those stereot...